Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Movies ~ Prozac Anyone?...



Feature Presentation...
MONDAY MOVIE MEME


June is Sandy's month to choose the theme for the Monday Movie Meme. Today's topic is movies that leave you thoroughly depressed after viewing. On her blog, Molly relates that she's so relaxed about not having to come up with a movie topic that she forgot to post anything until she woke this morning and remembered the movie meme! I did a similar thing in that I plumb forgot it was Monday and therefore the awesome Monday Movie Meme day. But better late than never! I've listed below movies that really bummed me out. We're not talking sad movies that maybe caused you to shed a tear or two but, as Sandy put it, films "that make you want to drive your car into a wall.". Most of these movies are very good, but be aware they will bum you out! See Sandy's great list of films at You've GOTTA Read This Share on your blog movies that make you go totally bummed out and link back to The Bumbles Blog so that others can find you. And don't forget to visit your fellow participants!


Leaving Las Vegas (1995)

There Will Be Blood (2007)

Last Exit in Brooklyn (1989)

Bubble (2005)

The Pledge (2001)

Ordinary People (1980)

The American (2010)

Mystic River (2003)

8 comments:

  1. Oh, yes. There Will be Blood is perfect for this list! A lot of depressing movies on this list for sure, though I haven't seen a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices, and I couldn't last through There Will Be Blood; made no sense to me. Many of these I haven't seen, except for Mystic River and Ordinary People. Will have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I'd included There Will Be Blood. That one was pretty unremittingly depressing. Funny, but I thought Ordinary People was uplifting at the end because Conrad had made his breakthrough. (I should note that OP is very dear to me -- I so related to the Jarrett family that I may have gotten more out of it than the average viewer.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen any of those, but I have read Mystic River and it was rather depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't even finish watching Last Exit to Brooklyn. After that rape scene, I quit as it was just too depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You win the prize for best list of depressing films this week! Not only are they incredibly sad, they were also incredibly well done. Though I must say - There Will Be Blood could have fit last week's theme of confusing movies too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leaving Las Vegas would definitely be on my list too.
    Sophie's Choice is a movie I loved, but must admit is incredibly depressing. Days of Wine and Roses was pretty sad too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had completely forgotten about Leaving Las Vegas. That really was one depressing movie!

    ReplyDelete