I'm a little late posting my starting memo for Dewey’s 24-hour Read-a-thon. When I woke up I felt like reading so I read for a while before checking in on-line. One of my favorite things to do is read in bed at night before I go to sleep and again in the morning as I wake up with some coffee.
So here are my answers to the opening meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m reading from one of the boroughs of NYC: Brooklyn!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I’m looking forward to several books today, Wise Blood by Flannery O’Connor; Talk Talk by TC Boyle; What Alice Forgot…by Liane Moriarty and Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I love cheese and crackers! I’ll also be snacking on some graham crackers and peanut butter. It’s a great combo. Plenty of coffee and tea, too!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’ve participated in several read-a-thons and was a cheerleader for one. This readathon is a lot of fun and the organizers come up with great mini-contests and fun events to keep readers spirits up. I admit that I’ve never been able to stay up a full 24 hours!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I’m hoping to get a lot of reading done today. I really like the books I have and the contests and challenges tend to flummox me a bit…but I’ll see what today brings!