Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings is hosting the R.I.P. Challenge or Readers Imbibing Peril. This is Carl's 5th time hosting this challenge which gets rave reviews across the book blogging community. I'm excited to participate for the first time!
I signed up for several challenges that began in January but due to various family problems and health issues, I haven't made any headway with them and I don't expect I'll finish any of them this year. But I know I don't want to miss this challenge! I can definitely manage, at least, a book or two of the horror, suspense, mystery kind! Carl has made it easy to participate with a variety of different challenge levels whether you feel like reading several books or just a couple or, possibly, short stories or film are more your speed, it's all fine so long as you're Imbibing Peril!! There's room for everybody! And if you don't have a blog, it doesn't matter so check out the R.I.P. Challenge at Carl's blog and sign up!
I have several books I'd like to read but I think I'm going to play it safe and opt for Peril the Second and vow to read at least 2 books!
My list of books to choose from:
1. An Instance of the Fingerpost by Iain Pears
2. In the Woods by Tana French
3. The Likeness by Tana French
4. The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
5. We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
6. The Grey Woman and Other Stories by Elizabeth Gaskell
7. The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
8. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
9. Die for You by Lisa Unger
10. When Will There Be Good News by Kate Atkinson
11. Any of several of Laura Lippman's books