Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Salon 9.19.10

What a Great week! It was really fun & extremely busy in the blogging community with Blogfest 2010 last weekend, BBAW 2010 this past week & Blogomania in the middle of the week. As for those of us in the Brooklyn area of the USA, Thursday night was Tornado night here! Yep, 1 or 2 small tornadoes ripped through the streets, leaving as quickly as they came & also leaving a small path of destruction in their wake! Nobody was seriously hurt, fortunately. There were a lot of downed trees, trashed cars, broken windows....etc. Tornadoes in Brooklyn? Seriously?! It's weird!

I wasn't able to get here on Friday & I wanted to thank Amy of
My Friend Amy for a wonderful BBAW 2010. I thought the theme, A Treasure Chest of Infinite Books & Infinite Blogs was awesome. Each day was a whirlwind of blog visiting, posting, commenting & meeting new bloggers. The week was so much fun! I admit I was worn out, just completely exhausted by Thursday evening. I didn't have the chance to visit all of the blogs I hoped too or read all of the interviews I wanted too but I haven't given up yet & hope to visit some more new blogs this week. It was a great week for bonding with fellow bloggers, learning about new books ad authors & celebrating our wonderful community. Nicole, Jennifer, Melissa, Bella Danielle & Monica. thank you, too, for helping to make BBAW 2010 amazing & totally fun!

I didn't get much reading done this week & reviews? fuggedaboutit! I've been terrible about writing my reviews, anyway, for several moths. I'm like a little kid when I sit down to write a review...any little thing distracts me & drags my attention away from the review. A house filled with cats offers plenty of distractions, especially when one is only 6 months!! I decided to read up on writing reviews & do a little research to focus myself. I have a stack of books to review & great notes. It isn't as if I'm going to be graded on the reviews? Right?! lolol The really perverse thing is once I sit down & start writing them, after a couple of paragraphs I really enjoy it. It's starting the review, choosing a direction that drives me a little crazy. Yep, I'm a real "pita" to myself! lol Of course my plan for this week is to work on & finish several of those reviews I'm dragging out! I'm almost finished reading The Girl Who Played with Fire! I have a few chapters left. Holy Cow! What a book, it's great! I'm going to slow down some of my reading for a bit, I think, so I can focus on Infinite Jest. This is an amazing book! I'd love to sit & just read it for days on end. Unfortunately, that isn't really possible. I'm just about halfway through the book now. I'm going to try to read Infinite Jest as well as books for the R.I.P. Challenge & not much else for the next few weeks & see how it works out. If I can really limit myself like this & be disciplined might be another story, I'll see!

I hope you all are having a nice weekend!
Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. BBAW was a wonderful week, but those tornadoes in Brooklyn were not! I'm glad you're safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine that -- tornadoes in NY!! Glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same exact problem! I have these reviews that need to be written, and the hardest part is just sitting down and starting them. Once I get going, it is fine. Goal for the week = get caught up! BBAW is always so much fun. Now we will see if I get anything done now that I've added so many people to my reader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bermudaonion: Thank you Kathy, I am too! I think tornadoes are fascinating from a distance!

    KathyA: Thank you! It was very weird. The amount of damage they can cause in 5 minutes is pretty amazing too!

    Sandy: Exactly! now BBAW is over I should buckle down & take care of reviews but I have a list of new blogs I'd like to visit! So much to do...

    ReplyDelete