Thursday, June 7, 2012

Armchair BEA: Beyond Your Blog!

Beyond Your Blog!

I love the title for today...Beyond Your Blog makes me feel like I should be reporting from space! Lol
I know I'm late with my post and didn't make it here yesterday...the weather is beautiful here but it sets off my allergies and yesterday it was so bad it triggered the worst asthma attack I've had in a few years. ( blech! ) But I'm back! 

I haven’t had any opportunities, yet, to review or write for other publications outside of my own blog. The only special invitations I’ve received were for parties hosted by some book publishers to celebrate bloggers during BEA. I wasn’t able to attend and was very disappointed about it. I also wasn’t aware that these kinds of parties were given during BEA. Now that I know, I’m going to make sure my BEA week is free of doctor appointments, medical procedures and that kind of thing next year!

I would really like to write and review outside my blog in the future. I’m not quite ready to start putting myself out there, though. I want my health to be a little more stable because, right now, it interferes with my blogging some days. But it's one thing when it's my blog and a completely different issue when it's someone else's blog or publication. I’m hoping it will be soon now that I’ve started taking some good medication for the pulmonary hypertension. The other thing I've noticed is the older I get, the more I take my time deciding how I want to approach new ventures. I used to rush into things from new job opportunities to friendships and sometimes realized after a few months that it wasn’t working for me and I was unhappy.

I like to write and spend time every week writing although I'm not writing enough. I need to spend time writing every day. Part of the reason I started another blog was for the writing experience. I haven’t been very good about committing to that blog mostly because I’m still trying to figure out what I really want to do with it. And also because of one of the most fun aspects of my days:

My Furry Kids!
Bob

Lola

Huxley

Magoo

I have a few more cute cats roaming around but these four like to being in photos!

11 comments:

  1. Lola and Huxley are so cute! Great names for your cats! I have a cat too, and he is very fat, very soft, and his name is Pedro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cats!! The pose so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think taking things slow is very wise. It's always a terrible feeling to rush into something, only to discover that it wasn't what you expected and you hate it or can't do it.

    Great post! Thanks for stopping by my Armchair BEA Beyond the Blog Post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your asthma attack and hope you are feeling better. Love the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you allergies stay in check Amy. Magoo is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two kitties! It's so much fun to have them around. They definitely keep us entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allergies are supposed to be really bad this year. Hope you get them in check.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear that you've got a new med that's working so well! Sorry to hear about the asthma attack - I don't think people who don't have asthma understand just how debilitating an attack can be even if it's not necessarily life-threatening. Glad to hear you're doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cats are adorable. Here's my $0.02 of blogging advice for waht it's worth: cat pictures will ALWAYS get you loads of comments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that your health continues to improve, Amy! And that your furry kids give you lots of love :)

    ReplyDelete