Friday, July 24, 2009

"You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

I need to remember and believe this today. I have a tendency to worry and stress myself out about things I cannot control. It's so silly. No worries! Today I'll do what I need to do and do it the best that I can!

I just read a blurb on Yahoo about Michael Vick meeting with the NFL today to discuss the terms of his return. Jeez! There shouldn't be anything to discuss because he shouldn't be returning, at least not this soon, to the NFL after what he did. But all that matters is the money of course. ugh, it makes me so mad! I really don't think 2 years in prison for promoting dog fights is sufficient. Whatever happens I hope he learned his lesson but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Amy

3 comments:

  1. There's alot of truth in that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he goes back to playing, it only proves football is dominated by thugs.
    That aside, the quite is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should post this now, right when I am facing a lot of major stressors, many I cannot control. Very fitting. :-) Thank you for the reminder.

    I'm with you on Vicks. He deserved a harsher sentence. I hope he did learn something, but only time will tell.

    ReplyDelete