Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Sunday Salon: Spring has Sprung!!


Hello! I don’t think I wrote a TSS post last Sunday so I wanted to make sure I did today before heading out to enjoy the sun!  After days of rain, the past few days have been beautiful, lots of sun and no humidity. It’s the perfect weather to sit outside and read! And get a little sun, maybe?!  Oh I know it's bad for me but I love having just a little tan.  I take frequent breaks to make whatever cats are lying around, sunning themselves, get up and chase a ball or some other toy. Several of my cats have quite a few pounds to shed after their lazy winter!

I’ve been terribly lazy about posting.  And writing in general.  A few weeks ago I wasn’t really in the mood for writing reviews but, fortunately, that mood didn’t last long.  But it seems to have returned with a vengeance since I haven’t written or finished any reviews this week and I have plenty to do.  I’m giving myself one more day of gorgeous weather and then I’m going to strap myself to the desk if I have to and write!

I have been reading...yesterday I read The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones and Pocket Kings by Ted Heller.  Very different books in every way!  I’m not sure which I like better, if either, but I’m enjoying both of them.  Hopefully I’ll finish at least one of these books today, possibly both. Mmxxxxxxx8777898776   <----- Lola‘s contribution to my post!   She just jumped up here, meowed at me, sat on the keyboard, meowed at me louder and then head-butted me, (thank goodness she has  alittle head!) before jumping out the window.  I guess she wants me off the computer and outside playing with her!  Lola has a terrible jealous streak! 

Yesterday was a great sports day!  I’m excited about the New York Rangers hockey team.  They beat the Devils yesterday so the score is 2 games - 1, Rangers.  The Rangers are just a few games away from winning the Stanley Cup!  Wow, that would be fantastic. I n The Preakness horse race, the same horse, “I’ll Have Another” (great name!) to win the Kentucky Derby a few weeks ago, won The Preakness yesterday evening.  There’s a good chance he’ll win The Belmont in a few weeks and get the Triple Crown. The last time a horse won the Triple Crown was in 1978 when the magnificent Affirmed won all three horse races.

Enjoy your Sunday, I hope you’re having beautiful weather, too!
Reading anything good today?  I hope so!

21 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, sounds like we both felt the saw way the other week about reviewing and blogging -- it happens and then all is well..LOL

    Glad you are enjoying what you've read. The weather has been perfect hasn't it? Off to sit on my deck now and read for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so over doing reviews. I'm trying so hard to keep up but I am uninspired. Tis the season I guess. I think I am going to hop on the elliptical and read Gone Girl, which is totally kicking my butt in the best way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you will be outside to enjoy the sunshine. I sat outside for awhile yesterday and really enjoyed getting a bit of sun and reading a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing reviews is so much harder than reading books, isn't it? I'm behind but am determined to get caught up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you were able to get out and enjoy the sun. It was a beautiful day today! Can't wait to hear what you think of The Uninvited Guests.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so beautiful outside, isn't it? I am curious to hear what you think of Sadie Jones' book, which I really want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spend too much time out in the sun. Need to get that large umbrella out! I quit watching hockey when the Red Wings lost, but did watch the horse race and will definitely watch the Belmont race. Have a great week Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful weather after a long spring/winter is a perfect reason to not be on the computer! Enjoy it. Soon we'll be complaining it's too hot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm laughing at Lola's contribution to your post! Can't wait to read The Uninvited Guest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like having a tan too but the medication I take makes me sunburn easily so I buy this lotion at Walmart called Hemp Glow. It tans you and it looks way natural and it's super cheap. You can't overdo it either. It reaches its max and then stops. Great moisturizer too.

    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Malibu-Tan-Golden-Glow-Skin-Firming-Bronzing-Moisturizer-Hemp-Body-Lotion-18-fl-oz/10322236

    ReplyDelete
  11. DIANE: Thank you for understanding my lack of blogging and reviewing. I knew you'd felt similarly recently. When the weather is so beautiful, I like to be outside.

    I'm sure you had a wonderful weekend with your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SANDY: Exactly! And I have so many books I want to read that writing about the ones I've finished takes time away from that! I know it's just a mood (I hope!) that I'll snap out of.

    It's a great idea to read - oe listen - while on the elliptical. And makes it more fun! maybe?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. KATHLEEN: I'm glad you enjoyed the nice weather. It was a real treat for me to sit outside since we've been having a lot of rain in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BERMUDAONION: That's so true, Kathy. The reviews are more difficult and take time away from the reading which I love. But it's nice to get comments from other blogger readers once I post reviews.
    Good luck with catching up...I need to do some of that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ANNA: Thank you! It was great to have such beautiful weather because it's been raining a lot here.
    The Uninvited Guests is great, so far. I love the British part of it and the characters are really interesting. I'm reviewing it early next week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ATHIRA: It really is...I love a warm, sunny, breezy day!

    "The Uninvited Guests" is terrific so far. It's an exciting and the characters are very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. NISE': Once it gets hot, I don't sit in the sun anymore! I need to find some kind of good fake tan stuff.
    I can understand you're no longer watching hockey...I wouldn't be watching except the Rangers are in it.
    The horse racing is exciting. I really hope there's a Triple Crown winner! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. STACYBUCKEYE: Exactly! I run from the sun when it's hot out...or gaze outside from the cool indoors!

    It's the humidity that really gets me!
    I hope you enjoyed your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. JoANN: Cute isn't she? She plays outside, runs around chasing things then comes in and stands on the keyboard and meows at me...she's the youngest of the cats and spoiled!
    The Uninvited Guests is great...I'm really enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  20. TI: Thank you for telling about Hemp Glow. I'm definitely going to look for it. I love sitting in the sun but I admit, whenever I do I'm always thinking about the damage it can do to my skin. So, after about 15 minutes, I move to shade or cover up!
    I've always wanted to try some tanning product but was never sur what to go with....Thank you. I'll let you know how it works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I should have Romeo type a post!! You know how they say a bunch of monkeys in a room with typewriters would eventually write Shakespeare? Well, maybe Romeo can come up with a few thoughts for us. Yay for a nice weather!

    ReplyDelete