Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays 8.10.10


Teaser Tuesdays is a very interesting, fun, book-related meme, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Be prepared to add several new books to your TBR list! I do every week!

My Teaser:

"Here's Hal Incandenza, age seventeen, with his little brass one-hitter, getting covertly high in the Enfield Tennis Academy's underground Pump Room and exhaling palely into an industrial exhaust fan. It's the sad little interval after afternoon matches and conditioning but before the Academy's communal supper. Hal is by himself down here and nobody knows where he is or what he's doing.."
from Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace (p.49)


Anyone can play along! If you'd like to participate, Just do the following:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page. (I used 3 this week!)
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their
TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

*And, finally, don't forget to link your post to MizB's at Should Be Reading. If you don't have a blog, simply share your "teasers" in a comment.

12 comments:

  1. Ack! You are so brave! The size of this book intimidated the hell out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read that book, even though my sister loves it. I am intimidated by its heft, I think.

    My teaser at arch thinking. Unusually for me, its nonfiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good! Great Teaser! New author for me, but will check out the book.
    HERE is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy - I can't find your e-mail address. Please e-mail me and we can catch up. leohaven@optonline.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this one...intriguing teaser.

    Here's mine:

    http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/08/10/teaser-tuesdays-19/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy your book. Mine's from The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of these days I have to read INFINITE JEST. I read another one of his a long time ago and enjoyed it but I have to give the big one a try. Thanks for reminding me and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow ... you're reading Infinite Jest. This is one of those books that scare me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandy: I've wanted to read this book for a long time. People I know rave about it so I finally decided to just give it a try. It still scares me but I am really enjoying it!

    Lorin: It is quite large and hard to hold! I don't know anyone who hasn't liked the book. I'm still intimidated by its size but enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. audrey: Thanks for stepping by! David Foster Wallace was a wonderful author and he has several books that are much smaller than Infinite Jest!

    Creations - Thank you! It's a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. pussreboots: I have heard very good things about The Lace Reader. I hope you enjoy it! Love your kitty picture!

    Marie: Good to see you here! Thanks for stopping by! I know Wallace wrote several great books but this is the first of his I've read. The size is intimidaing but the story is great. I hope you read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenners: It scares me too! I'm really enjoying it though. I think you would too, it's a funny, wacky, interesting book! I think they should have made it into 2 books: Part 1-500 pages, Part 2-500 pages and then sold them together! It would be much easier to hold then! lol

    ReplyDelete