Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday Movies ~ Show Me The Money!


Feature Presentation...
MONDAY MOVIE MEME


So it's Valentine's Day. What better day to focus on movies in which money, in some way or other, is central to the plot. Nah, I don't get the connection either! Although there are some people who spend gobs of money on this Hallmark creation! Molly spent a good part of the weekend working on the Bumble's taxes, hence today's theme. Share on your blog movies that focus on making money, finding money, losing money, stealing money or spending money. Molly posted a list of great movie picks by Andy, be sure to check them out! Link your post back to The Bumbles Blog. If you don't have a blog, list your choices in the comment section of The Bumbles Movie post!

The Sting (1973)

Charade (1963)

A Simple Plan (1998)

Owning Mahowny (2003)

Shallow Grave (1994)

Small Time Crooks (2000)

Wall Street (1987)

Other People's Money (1991)

Inside Man (2006)

Boiler Room (2000)

It Could Happen to You (1994)

8 comments:

  1. Good choices, especially Shallow Grave (wish I'd have put on my list if I'd thought of it), and impressed by how many you could come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ashamed of myself that I didn't include The Sting in mine. Butch Cassidy would fit in this category, too. Where is my head today? It's not like me to leave the two coolest guys ever out of a movie meme!

    It Could Happen to You is an interesting choice because instead of making or stealing the money, those two win it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never watched It Could Happen to You. Thanks for reminding me! I'm going to go put it in my Netflix queue. I also haven't seen Shallow Grave, so now I want to check that out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sting! DUH. It is only one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, for once I can think of one! "Waking Ned Devine!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Inside Man. I was so surprised by the twist the first time I saw it.

    ReplyDelete