Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Teaser: The Widow's Story by Joyce Carol Oates

Teaser Tuesdays is an interesting and fun book-related meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Be prepared to add several new books to your TBR list! I do every week!

My Teaser:

" Ray's voice is low, matter-of-fact: "I guess I won't be seeing you for a while."
And then the dream ends-I'm awake-I'm stunned, and I'm awake-it's as if Ray had been in this room with me, a moment ago-and now... "

from The Widow's Story by Joyce Carol Oates (p.188)

Anyone can play along! If you'd like to participate, Just do the following:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page. (I used 3 this week!)
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


*And, finally, don't forget to link your post to MizB's at Should Be Reading. If you don't have a blog, simply share your "teasers" in a comment.

6 comments:

  1. I have this book up for review soon, and now you have made me want to get started with it! I know that Oates is a very prolific author, but this will be the first of her books that I have tried. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've read anything by Oates. This is a great teaser for The Widow's Story - I'm intrigued!

    Thanks for stopping by my teaser today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why Joyce Carol Oats has such a good name in writing.

    Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to this one...I preordered it from Amazon, so it should be coming very soon.

    Thanks for sharing!

    And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have still not read anything my Joyce Carol Oats. I don't know why. I should change this. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good teaser. I always mean to read more by JCO, but never seem to get round to doing so. Thanks for visiting, Amy!

    ReplyDelete