Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - Devotion: A Memoir by Dani Shapiro

Teaser Tuesdays is an interesting and fun book-related meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Be prepared to add several new books to your TBR list! I do every week!

My Teaser:

" As I lie on the floor, folded into child's pose, I try to stay with the physical sensation. It's hard, scary, completely out-of-control. Still, I try to let it come-- to welcome it, even. I know it has lessons to teach me."

from Devotion: A Memoir by Dani Shapiro (p.30)

Anyone can play along! If you'd like to participate, Just do the following:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page. (I often use a few more!)
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

*And, finally, don't forget to link your post to MizB's at Should Be Reading. If you don't have a blog, simply share your "teasers" in a comment.

8 comments:

  1. I left a comment that may have disappeared.
    Just mentioning that I like to read memoirs and this sounds interesting.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that sounds like a painful path to prayer.

    My teasers are at e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a couple of other Dani Shapiro books, so this one is definitely going on my list....

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this author but the teaser sounds intriguing. Have a great week, happy reading and here's my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting teaser! I've never heard of the book/author before--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read the most amazing review of this book over at Coffee and a Book Chick, and have to say that my interest in this book has been piqued beyond belief. I am hopping that you are loving it and will be interested in hearing your final take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just from that snippet, this book sounds interesting! I love the cover, with all its shades of white.

    ReplyDelete