Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday Salon ~ Reading, Reading, Reading...and some other stuff....!

I meant to post my Sunday Salon much earlier today. And then the day just got away from me! We're having beautiful weather here, almost 70 degrees the last 2 days. I couldn't not take advantage of it especially knowing the weather will probably change to winter kind of weather one of these days! The cats are loving the warm weather and having a bounce in their step and want to play, always a lot of fun!


I didn't do much shopping this weekend. I hate shopping the Friday after Thanksgiving. I probably wouldn't have shopped at all but yesterday in NYC it was "Small Saturday" so we shopped some small stores in a few different areas of Brooklyn. Along with some gifts, I bought some delicious truffles at Jacques Torres, 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami and The Redbreast and Nemesis by Jo Nesbo!


Whenever possible this weekend I've been reading. On Friday afternoon, I was organizing some books. I picked up The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and decided to put it on my nightstand so I'd remember I had it and planning to read it as soon as I could. Like I often do, I flipped through the first few pages and then I read the first page, so aptly titled "Anticipation" and I was gone! I'm not quite finished but I'm hoping to finish The Night Circus tonight. I had no idea how really good this book is despite the positive reviews I read. I didn't think I would like it that much. It's fantastic. I feel badly that I ignored the books I was already reading, (lol) but, oh well, I'll get back to them.


This afternoon I've been watching the Jets playing the Buffalo Bills. It's a relief to see the Jets can still play some decent football. Of course, this is a nail-biter and they're taking it all the way to the end....


Have a wonderful Sunday!
Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous here too! We were all about college football yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got to enjoy some of the same warm weather we had this weekend. Unfortunately, if you get what we've had the past two days, cold is headed your way! Do you think The Night Circus would make a good book club selection?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been beautiful this past week hasn't it? Sounds like you had some fun shopping as well. I don't do Black Friday shopping, but I did hit TJ MAXX on Saturday for a few things.

    I didn't get much reading in this weekend, but it was still fun to relax.

    Have a great week Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been unseasonably hot these past few days, and I can't wait for it to get cooler! I am also happy that you are loving The Night Circus. It was such a great book, and I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been taking advantage of this lovely weather before it disappears … glad you are too. Sounds like some lovely gifts you got. And I see that you got sucked into Night Circus too. Sigh. I suppose I shall have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had 70 degree weather as well! Just gorgeous!

    The Night Circus is the type of book you either love or like. I don't think I've heard anyone say that they hated it, but some have not been as wowed by it as others. I, for one, fell into it like you did.

    I see you got 1Q84 and Nesbo!!! I finished 1Q84 on Thursday night and it was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete