Friday, April 8, 2011

Read-A-Thon Weekend! Break Out the Books!


It’s that time of year again! The time of year for Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-Thon! As I’m writing this post, a post I meant to write at least a week ago but better late than never, right?, It's less than 18 hours until my reading time begins! I’m really looking forward to spending several uninterrupted hours reading. I know that, at some point, the lure of the computer will be too much and I’ll visit other participating bloggers and post updates about my reading.


I think it’s great that readers who don’t have blogs can participate through Facebook and Twitter: @readathon. All the info is at Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-Thon site.


I’ve made a list of books but it will probably change and I know I won’t touch most of these!:

Fury by Salman Rushdie

Faith by Jennifer Haigh

Galore by Michael Crummey

Far To Go by Alison Pick

Strange Relations by Rachel Hadas

Dreams of Joy by Lisa See

5 comments:

  1. Hey, So glad you are doing the R-A-T too! I have not read any of your books. I will be eager to hear about them as you read them.
    I'll come check on you tomorrow!!!
    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow! My mom (Wall-to-Wall books) and I look forward to this all year haha. I'll check in again to send you some encouragement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!!!! Best of luck with RAT! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Good luck to you and happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giftnext is the perfect choice for online shoppers. When you are planning to go for a vacation of short and long break, you can buy gifts here at a reasonable price. Give best gifts this year. For more information you may log on: http://www.giftnext.co.uk

    ReplyDelete