Sunday, October 23, 2011

~ Post-Readathon Sunday Salon! ~

Yesterday was Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon. It was a lot of fun! Thank you to everyone who left me messages of encouragement and cheer. I didn't get as much reading done as I hoped too. I have one of those colds where your head feels like it weighs 500 lbs. Every time I picked up a book and started reading it was great for 15 or 20 minutes and then Zonk!...zzzzzzzz! And there went another 45 minutes or an hour. lolol It seems I can't get enough sleep. I decided to start cheering a little earlier than I planned to during the readathon. I had a lot of fun visiting readathon participants blogs and encouraging and cheering them on! This was the first time I participated as a cheerleader and I thought it was really fun! If I cheer at the next readathon - I probably will - I think I'd like to come up with a few rhymes or cheers to make it easier to know what to say...and faster! And I think it's a good way to get readers excited.


Between my cold and 'losing' Dopey I forgot to post a few reviews I have ready and haven't quite complete by review of In the Woods but I'd like to post it before the end of the week and include it in the R.I.P. Peril Challenge. I finished reading The Night Strangers by Chris Bohjalian. What a book. I'm still thinking about it a little bit, especially the ending. Can't decide what I think of it! I'm reading The Leftovers by Tom Perotta, The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli , a great book, and Don't Breathe A Word by Jennifer McMahon, which I'm having a little trouble getting into and I'm not sure why.


I'm watching the Jets play San Diego and I'm beginning to wonder if it's a good idea. ugh! lolol
We're having beautiful weather here today. I hope you are, too, wherever you're signing on from!
Hey, did you all hear that Tim Burton is designing a balloon for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? Pretty cool!


Have a great Sunday!

9 comments:

  1. We are having beautiful weather here in Western MI as well. Hope you are feeling better. I was able to join in the RAT for a few hours before guests arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather here is nice too, but still a little too hot for my liking! I did enjoy my readathon as well! I got a lot more done than I thought I would, but there were still a few things I had hoped to read, but didn't get around to. I am sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly and that it affected your reading:( Hopefully you will be well again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you have a cold as an excuse for zonking out during reading! LOL

    I really want to read The Leftovers too - I think I'm number 96 or something on the library reserve list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having fun during the readathon is all that matters and it sounds like you accomplished that. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are reading some wonderful books now. I'm glad you had fun for readathon. I was out most of the day so I was reading in the background. Almost always I have something big going during a readathon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward on hearing your thought to The Night Stranger and the ending once you've had a chance to digest it. I hope you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bad cold really makes it hard to read! My husband has one now and I'm trying to fight one off. The Lotus Eaters is on my ipod...will get to it soon.
    Oh, those Jets...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had fun even though you didn't accomplish as much as you wanted to. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The read-a-thon was so much fun. I think it's so great that you were able to read as much as you did. It's hard when you don't feel your best. I remember last year I was pregnant and I didn't even sign up!

    ReplyDelete