Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Movies 9.20.10 Aging & the Elderly


Feature Presentation...
MONDAY MOVIE MEME



Happy Belated Birthdays to the Bumbles! Welcome to the 40s! Growing older is, definitely, best shared with others. There are some great movies about aging & being elderly, some make it look fun & enjoyable, some make us want to run fast, yelling loudly, in the opposite direction!

Share on your blog the roles you've enjoyed from child actors and link them back to The Bumbles Blog. If you don't have a blog, list your choices in the comment section of The Bumbles Movie post!

Good-bye Mr. Chips (1939)
Where's Poppa? (1970)
Harold and Maude (1971)
Homebodies (1974)
Meaning of Life (1983) This movie isn't about old age so much as it is about aging & the stages of life. It's hilarious! Everybody should see it at least once!
Cocoon (1985)
Waking Ned Divine (1998)
Saving Grace (2000)
Last Orders (2001)
About Schmidt (2002)
Calendar Girls (2003)
Gran Torino (2008)

10 comments:

  1. Out of all of those movies, I've only seen one - Cocoon - and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of movies I haven't heard of! Gran Torino was sure awesome...while About Schmidt was an odd one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your long list of movies on this topic. You've given me some new ones to add to my list. Out of your list, I really liked Calendar Girls. I need to watch that one again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you've picked some good ones. I love Mr. Chips and haven't thought about it for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bermudaonion: Cocoon is a great movie, I loved it! I watch it whenever I come across it on TV.

    Jo-Jo: I thought Gran Torino was terrific, too. About Schmidt was odd but I liked it. The book is better...& totally different, weird!

    Margot: Calendar Girls was great! I'd like to see it again, too. Saving Grace is another one that is very funny, really good!

    Kathlee: Another fan of Mr. Chips! yay! It's such a sweet movie & funny, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harold and Maud and Gran Torino are (2) of my favorite movies. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad that I haven't seen any of the movies on your list. But then again, I'm more of a book person than a movie person. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gran Torino was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. movies counter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks Filmyzilla

    ReplyDelete