Thursday, August 6, 2009

Beautiful morning!


To be nobody-but-yourself in a world which is doing its best,
night and day, to make you everybody else - - means
to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight;
and never stop fighting.
~ e.e. cummings
It's a beautiful morning, the air is clean and crisp, the recent humidity broke and there is a welcome coolness in the air. Yet, I feel a bit off this morning and I don't know why. I want today to be a good day and it will be but a little pep talk never hurts. I thought I'd share with you the inspiring words of ee cummings with which I am beginning my day. Show off the real you, flaunt your true colors, be your authentic self and smile!
Amy

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll continue to drop in!

    I love your blog. The words of e.e. cummings are very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ee cummings' words resonate one of my favorite Emerson quotes. "It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude."

    ReplyDelete