Sunday, August 2, 2009

If you want to laugh!



Last Night Scott and I saw one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. In the Loop. It's a smart British Comedy that parodies the US and British governments and international relations. If you like the Monty Python series and you, at least, appreciate Dr. Strangelove, you'll really enjoy In the Loop!

It is written and directed by Armando Iannucci. who is also the writer/director of the BBC TV Series The Thick of It which satirizes the inner workings of the British Government. In the Loop developed out of the wacky political comedy series in Brittain Yes Minister and the Yes Prime Minister. You definitely have to get and enjoy British humor to enjoy these TV shows. In the Loop isn't just British but if you don't laugh at British humore a good portion of the movie will be lost to you. I haven't laughed this hard during a movie in a long time!

The movie ended about dinner time and it was just our luck that a block away was Junior's. For anyone out there who doesn't know, Junior's is known for its cheesecake, according to some it's the best cheesecake you can ever hope to eat! So who am I to say no to Junior's?! I wouldn't be a true New Yawker if I did that! At Junior's everything is BIG! When it comes to food, anyway, there are no small portions cake included (Heee, heee!) Besides cheesecake, the other thing Junior's is known for, mainly just around these here parts is BBQ, they make some mighty fine BBQ ribs, shrimp & chicken. Scott and I each order some of the BBQ and we were served two plates with enough food to feed the East Coast! We aren't really big eaters and there was cake to be had! We took home some very nice doggie bags or, in our case Cat-bags to some very appreciative purring felines! We also took home a lovely piece of Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake. When we ordered one piece the waiter thought we wanted one entire cake! Thank goodness we cleared that up before he sent us home with the entire Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake cake...hmmmmm, I'm just realizing that I could have had enough cheesecake to have dessert every night for a week or so. hmmm....Oh well! We came home, mushed up & fed the kitties settled in and had some delicious cheeseckae & coffee. It was a yummy-licious end to a fun day!

9 comments:

  1. I started reading this post for the movie topic and then you lost me at cheesecake - LOL..... everything went fuzzy and now all I can think about is getting to a place called Juniors and having cheesecake as big as the plate! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very nice evening out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I love British comedy.
    2. I love Junior's cheesecake.
    3. And you didn't share with me because...????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the heads up about this movie. My husband is a huge Monty Python fan and so I'm sure he'd like to see this one. :-)

    Yum! Cheesecake! There aren't any Juniors near where I live so I guess I'll have to settle for the Cheesecake Factory. :-)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, that's it, my honey needs to go get cheesecake! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dinner sounded sinfully fabulous! We, on the other hand dutifully ate lightly tonight... I made a fruit salsa that I served with rockfish caught by our son from the waters of Resurrection Bay in Seward, Alaska, salad from our garden and a cool sweet watermelon to finish!! I would KILL for a piece of cheesecake right now!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks.

    Biased for sure but Brit comedy makes me not only laugh but think too!

    Beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so hungry after reading that post. I am not sure if I want Ribs more or Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete