Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday Over Coffee !


Rebellion against your handicaps gets you nowhere.
Self-pity gets you nowhere.
One must have the adventurous daring to accept
oneself as a bundle of possibilities and undertake the most
interesting game in the world—making the most of one’s best.
~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

It's so easy to let our handicaps, our flaws even our quirks prevent us from doing our best and exploring the limitless potential we all have. I have always worried, still do, about the things I can't do, my physical limitations ( oh boy have I cried and fretted over them ugh!) as well as the talents I don't have. It's such a waste to fret over that which we can't do when there is so much we can do. I know for everyone of my limitations and weaknesses, I have 2, 3, 10 strengths. That's what I need to always focus on - exploring and nurturing the talents, the potential I do have. When I dedicate myself to the things I can do, my flaws become much smaller, some even insignificant. And I shine!
It's going to be a beautiful day! The humidity is virtually gone - wooo hooo! The sun is peeking out from behind some pretty clouds. There's no time like now to aspire to greatness!
I just need some coffee first! lolol
Have a brilliant, happy day!
Amy

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Amy, I needed that this morning. Just while I was driving to work I was lamenting about my constant back pain, and how I would love to take on some crafting projects, instead of laying on the heating pad all of the time. It's almost like I was meant to read your post.
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Amy! I agree, it's always best to focus on what you can do, not what you can't do.

    I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for such an uplifting post! We're always being urged to regard each challenge as an opportunity but nobody bothers to mention the effort involved in achieving it!

    xLola:)

    PS thanks for stopping by today! Hope you got back OK & Daniel took good care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your positive attitude, thats awesome! Today its going be a beautiful day for me too.
    Cheers :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, with an attitude like that you will always shine. I admire your determination to enjoy your life regardless of the limitations you have.

    ReplyDelete