Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Monday Musings!



The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions--the little
soon forgotten charities of a kiss or smile, a kind look,
a heartfelt compliment, and the countless infinitesimals
of pleasurable and genial feeling.
~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge


This is Mr. Magoo or Magoo. He is a very happy cat and usually looks like he is smiling. He has huge eyes that are crossed giving him an adorable, goofy look much of the time. He also has a beautiful, loud purr. I love when my cats are happy. I'd say 90% of the day they are happy. Not bad, uh?! Cats know what they like and they take care of themselves. They eat, sleep, play, clean themselves, bask in the sun and relax. It's a pretty nice life. No wonder they are happy! It's simple things that make them happy. That's one of the things my cats have taught me, happiness comes from the simple, everyday things, like Coleridge is also saying. The happiness of life comes from the little things. It's so easy to overlook them and many a day I do. But I'm learning. Please, have a happy day!

Amy

8 comments:

  1. Happiness is only a nice cool sink away, right? It is so funny that cats are drawn to sleep in sinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! We are 'sitting' for Zoey (butterscotch tabby)and Leon --youngest daughter's cat and dog. I've become attached to Zoey who now runs up to bite me when I sing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy for this very inspiring post. Love the pic of sweet Mr. Magoo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Magoo does look like he is smiling too. How fabulous. I just love your pussy cats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to find our cats laying in the sink, too! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you almost make me like cats..lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should bring the cats and I'll bring the horse and puppies and we'll have to hope that everybody gets along :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr Magoo is so sweet. My kitties love to sleep in sinks too.
    Yes, cats know how to enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete