Friday, October 8, 2010

Read-a-Thon Tomorrow, October 9, 2010!


It's been one of those weeks! You know, the kind where absolutely nothing goes as you planned or even hoped?! I had 3-4 reviews waiting for me to sit down and write them, I wanted to visit a lot of blogs and comment on some great posts, work on my own posts, organize my on-line life (boy does it need it!) and, of course, read! But that all came to a screeching halt when my asthma decided to kick it in to high gear! I had a bit of a tooth ache early in the week, too but it went away. Silly me, I thought (hoped) my breathing would improve when my tooth felt fine. No such luck. So a few doctor visits, several x-rays and other tests, a bunch of different meds and my pulmonologist, cardiologist and I are still trying to figure out why my lungs are so grouchy this week! lol I hate when my plans for the week go awry. I was especially excited to finally have some time to visit blogs I haven't spent nearly enough time reading the past few months and spend some time reading more of the blogs I discovered during BBAW. Oh well, it is what it is. At least I will be able to get caught up on reading since I am participating in Dewey's Read-a-Thon tomorrow!

I'm going to spend a lot of Saturday reading Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. I am really looking forward to having many hours to spend reading this book because it's a fantastic read and easier to understand and grasp when I have a solid chunk of time to spend reading it! There are a lot of characters, ideas and events happening in this book so I'm always very reluctant to put it down. But when I need a break from Infinite Jest, and I will need a break from the craziness!, I have Laura Lippman's I'd Know You Anywhere and Sunset Park by Paul Auster as well as Proust's Overcoat by Lorenza Foschini and The Likeness by Tana French. I have to make sure that I exercise a lot of self-discipline tomorrow and get off-line after I check in and see how some of my fellow readers are doing. Last year I visited many, many blogs but didn't read very many pages!

Good luck to all Read-a-Thon participants! Enjoy & have fun tomorrow. I'm off to double check my start time!

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. Whew, Infinite Jest...I'm impressed! Enjoy your extended time with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such a hard time getting on-line during the readathon because it is so easy to spend a ton of time doing that instead of reading. But then I feel like I'm not really part of the fun if I don't! I'm going to try to allot myself a set amount of time every hour this time. Good luck with Infinite Jest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the places you will go today
    The people you will meet
    Your books will be your gateway
    Adventure your retreat.

    And if I may, I’ll follow
    As you read and read so more
    Until this day turns to the morrow
    Cheering you on with a loud exuberant roar!

    Best wishes on your goals today

    ReplyDelete