Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Reading Habits!


Reading Habits Meme:
Today’s it’s all about the creativity. Today is all about a fabulous reading meme. What are your reading habits? Answer as many questions as you'd like in as few words as possible! Brevity is the goal Be creative, have fun, stand out! That’s all!



Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?






Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? If I do, it horrifies me when I look back at the page & see the mark(s)!


How do you keep your place while reading a book?
(see http://www.skiptomylou.org/)



Fiction YES! Non-fiction Often but not always!



Hard copy or audiobooks? I love the feel of a book in my hand, and pages to turn but audiobooks are great when I'm doing laundry, traveling- problem is sometimes I space-out & my mind wanders. LOL



Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are yo uable to put a book down at any point? How can I put this...when one of the cats wants my attention they get it ...they'll just sit on the book, or in front of it while I'm reading!!




If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? Since there are little bits of paper floating around everywhere with a few words jotted down or a whole list of 'em I'd say no...so many of them end up being words I know too but I second-guess myself sometimes or forget I actually know the word!




Last book purchased






I always, always, ALWAYS recommend Wallace Stegner and Richard Russo.



Favorite place to read is my comfy bed with my legs up!



Any time of the day or night, 24/7 is good for reading so long as I'm awake!

12 comments:

  1. Great way to answer! LOL My cat has been my bookmark before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all sorts of bizarre habits when it comes to reading. I have to start at the very beginning and read every single page in order(seriously, table of contents, dedication, the forward, prologue, epilogue, etc.), I have to use a bookmark (can't stand folded corners).... I could go on and on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look good! Someone else mentioned Peanut M&M's as a reading snack. I would eat the whole bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - I forgot that sometimes my cat will be my bookmark! I'm usually able to get him comfortable then go back to reading ;-)

    LOVE your blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love your blog name. And like the photos here!

    BBAW: Reading meme

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bedroom and bed are gorgeous!!
    I can't eat when I read. I put post it notes on pages with poignant phrases and mark my place with a book mark. (Dog-earring horrifies me!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your bed is calling me right now. LOL!

    I love that craft website you linked to. Thanks for sharing that. Those bookmarks are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! You got That Old Cape Magic. I want to read that one too.

    Your bed looks so comfy. There is no way that I could read in a bed like that. I would definitely nod off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, Amy, I'm a little late getting around to you. Hubby and I are in a resort in S. Indiana, and even though I'm supposed to be vacationing (during BBAW week? Ack!) I am sneaking in my computer time! ANYWAY, you did a respectable job at brevity, which seem to be difficult for all of us. Aren't we the chatty bunch? I love your bed. I'm not sure I would ever get out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohh--I wish my bed were that cozy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been fun reading through everyone's responses to this meme. My oldest cat loves to plop right on my book or get between me and the book. :-) My dog will just try and nudge it away. LOL Anya, my youngest cat, just chews on the corners.

    ReplyDelete