Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays!


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

*Grab your current read

*Open to a random page

*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

*Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their
TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



"She clings to my neck for one last hug. "Goodnight, Mommy," she says. There's no sign of the disorientation I saw in her room two hours ago, no evidence she even remembers what happened.

p. 61 The Possibility of Everything by Hope Edelman


If you'd like to join in (please do!) don't forget to link your post to MizB's at Should Be Reading. If you don't have a blog, share your "teasers" in a comment.

10 comments:

  1. This is definitely teasing me...what could have possibly happened in her room earlier? Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a tease. What happened earlier? Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/puzzle-king-teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, it's curious and heart-wrenching.
    I don't have The Little Prince to hand, but a favourite quote:

    "Here is my secret. It is very simple: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

    By the way your comment on making your competitions available for us across the pond is appreciated but sweetie, seriously, the postage probably costs more than the book so perhaps make it not a regular thing? Very thoughtful of you though, xxx.

    By the way you still need to tell me how you get a hold of all these intriguing books early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is a teaser, you have my interest piqued.

    Love the cat pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure I want to know what happened! That scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intrigued! Are you enjoying this book?

    I hope you will submit something to my cocktail party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaarrrgh - now i wonder what happened...

    dang teasers.

    Aimee

    www.myflutteringheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! I'm curious about what happened in the room earlier.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all stopping by to read my Teaser. I just started this book, it's a memoir, and so far I'm really liking it! This author, Hope Edelman, wrote a book in the late '80s or early '90s called "Motherless Daughters". I read that and it was phenomenal and really helped me out at a point in my life when I needed it. So when I had a chance to get an ARC of her new book - I think it just came out yesterday - I went for it. Stay tuned for future updates!

    I'm sorry I didn't reply yesterday. I've been having a couple of "blah" feeling weeks. I've had to care for and rescue some animals who were abandoned and that always saddens me. I also haven't been feeling that great, more pain than usual so I've been sleeping more than usual which means, of course I'm getting less reading and blogging done. ugh! Hopefully things will settle down soon.

    Thank you for coming by!

    ReplyDelete