Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays





Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:



*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers
!



"I find a feather at our roadside spot, held upright there by a ring of supporting stones. The shaft of the feather in one hand, I pull the flattened mesh of the vane through my fingers, mulling over the gift."

~ p. 74 The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan

If you'd like to join in (please do!)don't forget to link your post to MizB's at Should be Reading. If you don't have a blog, share your "teasers" in a comment.

15 comments:

  1. Feathers, hrm. It sounds like some kind of signal to me.

    My teaser is up at Find the Time to Read feel free to check it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book...and that part of the story is so sweet. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOunds very interesting! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Teaser! This book is on my TBR list. My teaser is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/to-be-king-teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. what if I am reading three books at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet teaser! I need to add this book to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen some very good reviews of this book. Thanks for the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tease! I really want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember reading a good review of this book (probably at JoJo's) and have it on my List. I hope it's a good read for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen some great reviews on this book recently. Thanks for the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your teaser has whet my interest in this book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I picked up this book at the library but was not sure about it and put it back. After reading some great reveiws, I think I will bring it home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good teaser - Aren't feathers amazing? We just went to the fair, and watched a lady painting on them. Beautiful!

    Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been really curious about this book. It sounds so interesting.

    ReplyDelete