Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon!


 
I'm a little late posting my starting memo for Dewey’s 24-hour Read-a-thon.  When I woke up I felt like reading so I read for a while before checking in on-line.  One of my favorite things to do is read in bed at night before I go to sleep and again in the morning as I wake up with some coffee.
 
So here are my answers to the opening meme: 

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?  I’m reading from one of the boroughs of NYC: Brooklyn! 

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I’m looking forward to several books today, Wise Blood by Flannery O’Connor; Talk Talk by TC Boyle; What Alice Forgot…by Liane Moriarty and Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill 

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?  I love cheese and crackers! I’ll also be snacking on some graham crackers and peanut butter.  It’s a great combo.  Plenty of coffee and tea, too!   

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!   I’ve participated in several read-a-thons and was a cheerleader for one.  This readathon is a  lot of fun and the organizers come up with great mini-contests and fun events to keep readers spirits up.  I admit that I’ve never been able to stay up a full 24 hours!  

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?  I’m hoping to get a lot of reading done today.  I really like the books I have and the contests and challenges tend to flummox me a bit…but I’ll see what today brings!

3 comments: