Saturday, October 24, 2009

Feed Me Challenge!

Nicole's Feed Me Challenge -




This is a passage from Confections of a Closet Master Baker by Gesine Bullock-Prado (pg. 116 )

"Every summer since my mother died, the thought of smelling baking plums and watching the green-fleshed fruit start to bleed red into the buttery dough was depressing. We'd eaten zwetschgendatschi every summer we had together -- in Nurnberg, in our suburban house in Virginia, and at my aunt's home in Maryland. We bought it from local village bakeries in Bavaria or baked it ourselves".




7 comments:

  1. This is a book I've been coveting. Keep reading and smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that plum composition! i love it and I also love plums, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I live in Germany and I've eaten that. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're doing great so far! Good luck in the rest of the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting choice!

    Hope you are enjoying the readathon and the books you're reading...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, I think this is perfect for the challenge!
    My father was a pastry chef and this passage has me dreaming of his whipped cream filled cream puffs. This plum creation sounds delicious as well!

    ReplyDelete