Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thoughts and an Award!

I started my blog two and a half months ago, a few weeks after I discovered the blogosphere. Not long after I started reading different blogs, I thought about starting my own blog. Purple Flowers took me under her wing and encouraged me to start my own blog. Through her blog, I met some fantastic bloggers who have become wonderful friends and many of them are book lovers too!

Ever since I had to stop working in 2001, my "world" has become smaller. Doctors say that my disease isn't debilitating but they also say that they know very little about my specific syndrome(McCune-albright syndrome) or how it reacts/behaves as I age because of its rarity. They also don't know if it's connected to the other health problems I have. But I know the answers to these issues.. The bottom line is that it's meant more time at home for me, less time out and about and 99% of my time in a wheelchair. Fortunately I have many wonderful books to read, cats to keep me busy and now I have a blog and a whole new world to explore as well as the blogs of many fantastic bloggers to read!


Some days pain, discomfort and other health concerns will distract me. Other days, there will be kitty-cats who needed tending and TLC. I have been unfocused the last couple of weeks for both these reasons and I apologize to my visitors for that. I have not been good at keeping up with the people who have been commenting on my blog and I'm sorry about that. I promise to be better at acknowledging you because I love seeing what my visitors have to say!


I received the Friendship Award from Esme of the wonderful blog, Chocolate & Croissants back in mid-August. It has taken me quite some time to post about it and honor some other bloggers with it. I am slow at getting comfortable in a new place and take my time getting to know people.
“Blogs that receive the Let’s Be Friends Award are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers.”




I would like to honor these blogs with the Friendship Award:
Kathy at Purple Flowers
Kathy at Kathy'speace
Su at This Stop Willoughby
Lisa at Lit and Life
Wendy at Musings of a Bookish Kitty
Sandy at You've GOTTA Read This!
Caite at A Lovely Shore Breeze...
Kathy & Seashell at Two Hands Full of Daisies
Vivienne at Serendipity
Sweet Virginia Breeze

AMY

15 comments:

  1. Thank you Amy! This is so nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy! With all of our conversations that we've had, I did not know you were suffering with this disease! God love you! You are an inspiration to me, and can offer hope to others that may suffer from the same thing.

    You are doing an amazing job at blogging, being so "young"! You deserve this award! And thank you for passing it on to me! I will post on it within the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your awards and your blog! I had no idea that it was so new and am glad that it is such a pleasant distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    You are blessed with so many Kathys!! Kitties, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this lovely award.

    I am gobsmacked. I didn't realise how poorly you were. I am sending huge hugs down the internet line to you. You sound like an amazing person and I feel priveleged to have got to know you through blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you have such health struggles. :/ I'm stuck in the house w/ my fibro a lot right now as well, and I consider book bloggers one of the things that keep me sane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the award and thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of us. I hope you enjoy the blogging world as much as I do. It is great to connect with so many wonderful people around the world. Keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your award! Sorry to hear about your health problems. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy, thank you so much for the award! It was so sweet of you to think of me.

    I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope the doctors can find something to help with the pain.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I graciously accept this award. Thank you Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. I have Lupus so I can sort of relate. Two years ago I was nearly confined to a wheelchair but right now I seem to be doing pretty well. Dealing with pain can be very difficult at times but I am so glad that you shared this with us. Book bloggers can be pretty supportive as a whole. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much, Amy! You definitely deserve this awards as well. Thank you too for sharing your story with us. I know it couldn't have been easy. I hope your days without pain are greater than they are with pain.

    And Many thanks to Purple Flowers for convincing you to start a blog! I wouldn't have met you otherwise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much! I've been having trouble getting enough time on the computer lately (with a 14-yr-old in the house) to get everything done so I'm just getting here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the award Amy.

    I know bloggers, me included, start to feel a certain responsibility toward your readers, but there really is no need to apologize when Real Life intrudes. Remember, blogging should be FUN for the blogger, or what is the point? Although it is easy to forget, it is NOT a job. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Amy!

    Your blog post came up on a google search I have for McCune Albright syndrome. I am touched by all you've been through and all you are doing now. My nine year old daughter was diagnosed with MAS/PFD just over three years ago now. She too uses a wheelchair, but part-time. I often wonder (fear) how this terrible disease might affect her life as she grows into an adult. However, when I read stories of hope, like yours, it gives me something to hold on to. I wish you many blessings and hope that you are surrounded by a loving family (and Kitties) and have a great medical team. Thanks for letting others know that we are not alone! God Bless-

    Warm Regards,

    Tanya (mom to Lauren, 9 yrs. MAS/PFD)

    ReplyDelete