Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday Thoughts!

"What greater gift than the love of a cat?"
Charles Dickens



"Of all domestic animals the cat is the most expressive. His face is capable of showing
a wide range of expressions. His tail is a mirror of his mind. His gracefulness is
surpassed only by his agility. And, along with all these, he has a sense of humor."
Walter Chandoha


These are two quotes about cats that I like very much!
I wanted to post my latest news about Belle. I found a veterinarian who will treat her anytime we can bring her to them. The vet is part of the Vinegar Hill Veterinarian Group in Downtown Brooklyn. This vet also contacted a foster group they work with often. The foster group is part of the Brooklyn Bridge Animal Welfare Coalition (BBAWC.org). They contacted me and will take Belle from the vet and find her a nice home. It may be a foster home at first but the goal is a permanent home. The foster group will also test Belle for various cat diseases and take care of spaying/neutering her and other care she may need. I'm so relieved and excited about this. I think we will be bringing Belle in tomorrow. I will take some pictures of her first so I can post them once they're developed!
The pictures below are of elegant Daisy, our Norwegian Forest Cat and our cross-eyed tabby, the adorable Mr. Magoo!
















8 comments:

  1. But what about Bob?
    I love both Daisy and Mr. Magoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! I'm so glad you found a way to get Belle a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you have found Belle a new home for which she can hang her hat on. Good for you, and your knowledge of kind organizations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has to make your heart feel good! I just love pictures of your kitties. You could post some every day and I would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy!: You crack me up! LOL "Well, let's see, what about Bob!?!" The weather has been warm at night so Bob's nightlife has, apparently, been in full swing since he hasn't come by at night in the last 3 days. But he is snoring, stretched out on the bed as I type this. He dragged his tired body in here about 4 a.m. and crashed, snoring loudly. He got up for breakfast at 8 and, usually after he eats he heads out for his morning walk around the neighborhood but this morning, despite the nice weather, he went right back to bed and resumed dreaming and snoring! (By the way, I will have some good pics of Bob in the next day or two).

    Willoughby: Thank you for your concern. It is such good news. This vet was so nice, the office gives a 20% discount for strays and the foster group takes care of a lot of the medical care - shots, flease, neutering etc., the smaller things that add up quickly. I just want Belle to be safe, warm & loved and she will be now.

    Purple Flowers: Thank you! There are so many organizations but many of them said they had no room, they couldn't help or sent me on a kind of goose chase. But this vet replied to my emails right away, told me to bring Belle in whenever it worked out for Belle and for us and contacted the foster group herself and had them call me! Fingers crossed it's all as good as it sounds (I think it is!)

    Sandy: Thank you so much! I'm happy you love to see them and thank you for telling me. I have this vision of people rolling their eyes and saying to themselves "there goes the crazy cat lady posting more pix of cats"! But then I think, I love'em, love pics of them, it's my blog and I am a crazy cat lady!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lucky for Belle that you are seeing that she gets proper care and finds a forever home. Daisy and Mr. McGoo are precious. I love seeing pictures of cats - they make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think cats are the only animal that can give you that look where one eye is more open than the other as if they're saying "Are you sure about that?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great quotes, Amy. And such adorable photos! I want to pick each one up and give them lots of cuddles. :-)

    I am so glad you were able to find a vet to see Belle. And I hope she finds a wonderful home. Will they give you updates so you know when she is adopted?

    ReplyDelete