Monday, October 26, 2009

Movie Monday! Trickeration!


Feature Presentation...
MONDAY MOVIE MEME



Today is Trickeration Day at the movies! The topic at The Bumbles Blog is Movies with Surprise Endings!
Molly and Andy listed some really great movies! If you want to play along, come up with a list of your own, write a post about your surprise ending movies and then link it to Molly & Andy's blog!


At first I thought I couldn't come up with any but then, little by little, one seeped into my memory, then part of another, which I must say, was a devil trying to remember,! but once I did, I remembered a few more!


Presumed Innocent (1990) Harrison Ford is a hot-shot attorney charged with the murder of his female colleague and mistress. Bonnie Bedelia plays Ford's wife and John Spencer, Raul Julia and Brian Dennehy are also in the movie. It is an adaptation of the best-selling novel by Scott Turow. The movie is great as is the book.


The Jagged Edge (1985) A wonderful murder mystery, quite scary at times with great twists and turns, Jeff Bridges is arrested for the vicious murder of his wife in their remote beach house. Glenn Close, Robert Loggia and Peter Coyote star in the courtroom drama with a 1940's feel. If you haven't seen this definitely rent, if you have see it again! lol It's that good!


Hot Fuzz (2007) A British action comedy about two police officers, one a sort of bumbling idiot, the other takes himself a little too seriously but is amazingly good at his job. Together they attempt to solve a series of mysterious and gruesome deaths in a quaint village. One of the officers is convinced they are murders, but it's possibly he's just bored and needs some excitement in the job! The movie stars Simon Pegg, also one of the writers, and Nick Frost, both worked together and starred in Shaun of the Dead, a fun, funny zombie movie.


Rebecca (1940) One of Alfred Hitchcock's wonderful psychological thrillers adapted from Dapne du Maurier's 1938 novel. The movie stars Laurence Olivier, Joan Fontaine and Judith Anderson. It's wonderfully creepy and scary! It was nominated for 11 Academy Awards and won two including Best Picture.


The Sting (1973) This movie stars Paul Newman and Robert Redford (need I say more?!). They play two professional grifters (con men) who take on a mob boss. The plot is complicated and requires you to pay close attention but the movie is riveting and worth every minute of it's 2-hour length.

11 comments:

  1. Hot Fuzz is like the best movie ever and I would not have thought of it!
    Fun list.
    I am so glad I found your blog.
    Terry Kate
    My List

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of these are totally new to me. The one that popped in my mind was The Sixth Sense...that one threw me for a loop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun that you liked Hot Fuzz and I must admit to have watched the rest, Jagged Edge when I was very little (inappropriate) and the ending was sad.

    I would add "The Usual Suspects" and the French "Les Diaboliques" to the list.

    If I ever watch a movie I want not to be told if there is a twist as I tend to guess it before the film completes (the above 2 included). Cool post, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one I have seen is The Sting. I have loved it since it first came out and I did watch it over the weekend on cable (while you were reading!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry Kate: Thank you for stopping by!Hot Fuzz was hilarious! My husband and I loved it!

    JoJo: Good one! Sixth Sense had quite the surprise ending. I haven't seen that movie in a long time but I'd like to see it again.

    Clarity: Thank you! Usual Suspects is a fantastic movie, love that one. I haven't seen "Les Diaboliques" and have put it on my Netflix list. I don't like to know theres a twist beforehand either although I am good at just enjoying and watching a movie but my husband also tries to figure out what's happening!

    Kathy: The Sting is a great movie and had I not been reading I would have watched it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great list. I have seen all of these except Hot Fuzz. Sounds like it would be really good. I'll have to rent it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh crap - your list made me think of another one we left off that is a FAVORITE - Primal Fear with Edward Norton. That's the movie that made me love him as an actor.

    Oh - and considering I just finished reading frickin' Rebecca you think that movie would have crossed my mind ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, these are all great ones! My middle kid and I watched Hot Fuzz together and we were enjoying it all right but thinking it wasn't really funny. And then, all of a sudden, it was freakin' hysterical. We watched it again as soon as it was over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't heard of the first three, but love Rebecca and The Sting.

    My List

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a huge fan of Presumed Innocent, both the movie and the book. Great choice for a surprise ending. I haven't seen Jagged Edge or The Sting in years, I need to watch them again! I'm not familiar with Hot Fuzz or Rebecca.

    Some of my other favorites would be The Others and The Sixth Sense. I love a surprise ending!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw all of them except Rebecca. All were very good.

    ReplyDelete