Friday, October 23, 2009

Read-a-Thon List

"Real luxury is time and opportunity to read for pleasure" ~ Jane Brody

Tomorrow is the "24-Hour Read-a-Thon" also called "Dewey's Read-a-Thon" in honor of, Dewey, the person who started it all. I didn't have the honor of knowing Dewey but from all that I've read, she was an amazing and wonderful person. Thank you to Hannah (WordLily), Nymeth (Things Mean A Lot), Trish (Hey Lady) and Eva (Striped Armchair) for continuing the fun that Dewey started! And thank you to everyone else who helped to plan the read-a-thon.

It's taken me a long time to decide what books I want to read during the read-a-thon. I have a pile now but I can't promise it won't change. I might feel like reading a book I didn't originally include in my stack. But I think these are some good choices for tomorrow! I won't get through all of these , not even close, ( lol ) but it's a good mix of books (I think, I hope!)


Still Life by Louise Penny
This is Where I Leave You By Jonathan Tropper
Idyll Banter by Chris Bohjalian (essays)
The Impostor's Daughter by Laurie Sandell (graphic novel)
Hungry Woman in Paris by Josefina Lopez
The Gift of an Ordinary Day by Katrina Kenison (memoir)
Mercury in Retrograde by Paula Froelich
A Worthy Legacy by Tomi Akinyanmi

6 comments:

  1. good luck with the challenge. One of these days I will get to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! The Impostor's Daughter is perfect for the read-a-thon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got The Imposter's Daughter in my stack as well. I figured it would be a great pick up at 3 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got an award for you at:
    http://litandlife.blogspot.com/2009/10/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the read a thon.

    ReplyDelete