Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Teaser Tuesday 10.27.09



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their
TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Devon takes in a shaky breath, wipes her damp forehead on her sleeve. The horrific picture in her mind is still there, that last glimpse."

p. 205 After by Amy Efaw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you'd like to join in (please do!) don't forget to link your post to MizB's at Should Be Reading. If you don't have a blog, share your "teasers" in a comment.

10 comments:

  1. Eeek what was the last glimpse of?
    My Teaser is up at The Burton Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez...I wonder what she saw! Thanks for the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tease! I want to know more. Mine is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/10/coppola-pediatric-surgeon-in-iraq.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like another great read!

    You are the guest blogger at the cocktail party today! I hope you enjoy it and make some new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an intense teaser, and it makes me want to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, quite intense and dramatic.

    I'm nearly finished with my Josephine Tey, if you have not read her work yet, oh my, you're in for a treat, it was recommended by my sister and her taste is impeccable.

    Every time I see a picture of your cats, I want one, stop that now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Goodness, I just added this book to my TBR list last week. Your teaser makes this get closer to being bought immediately. Great teaser.
    Here is mine
    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/10/teaser-tuesday-what-should-i-read-next.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie Burton: Gotchya, uh?! I would never have guessed what Devon is referring to! This is a great YA book, a quick read that grabs your attention & keeps it.
    Thank you for stopping by!

    Jo-Jo: Interesting, right? You'll be amazed at what Devon means, this is a good book!

    Jennifer: Thanks for coming by! Teasers are fun, right?

    Willoughby: Hi! This is a great YA book, really interesting and very well written!
    Yay, my turn! I will be by soon. I NEED a cocktail...or 10. I'm so sorry I didn't get there yesterday, it was a terrible day here.

    gautami tripathy: Great! It's a riveting story & so well done.
    I loved your teaser, it was so interesting.

    Missy: Thank you, yours is the reaction I hoped for!

    Diane: This book is about a difficult topic and it's written so well. It's YA and it grabs you on page 1 and doesn't let go. I read until I fall asleep, I don't want to put it down!

    Clarity: Just tell me sixe, gender & color and I'll ship a beautiful feline to you today! lol (teasing, I feel terrible for animals who are put on planes) My husband doesn't like me to go to shelters are anywhere cats are up for adoption because I latch on to 5, 6...10 and don't want to leave them.
    Thsank you for the recommendation,. I am going to look Josephine Tey up and read some of her works. I know you have impeccable taste!

    MarceJ: how funny! You won't be disappointed by this book. At times it's tough to stomach & shocking but it's so well written and a captivating read. Enjoy! Thank you for stopping by!

    Great to see you all!
    Happy Reading!
    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete